We could tell someone had been in the house since last night. Our first spot to check was the laundry room. Yes, they had delivered and installed the washing machine. Now the laundry is complete. This photo makes it look as though the machines are gray of the face and white on top. Actually, they are white all over. I guess the vertical panels are reflecting the gray walls.
We looked in the garage and saw that the black post to keep me from crashing the car into the water heater had been installed. That’s a good thing. I have no poor depth perception. I cannot judge where the front of the car is. I hope the water heater is safe enough.
I noticed that the shower head in the guest bath had been changed to a hand-held. Notice the brownish tiles at the top and the grayer tiles at the bottom. It is where the sun is shining through the transom window.
So, I went to check the master bath shower stall, where I was expecting a change. They added the left shower head. The man told me they would leave the old one in place because that is where the water is coming in. The shower head from the guest bath worked for that. That explains the swap. There is a lever behind the right shower head to divert the water to one, the other, or both. That works for me.
I noticed that they had also installed a grab bar in the shower for us old people.
Oops. There is a hole in the wall behind the shower head. I guess they needed access to mount the new shower head. Not a problem. The problem is that the pocket door behind that wall no longer pulls out. Double oops. I’m sure they will solve both problems by next Wednesday.
When we returned to the house in the afternoon, there was a surveyor’s truck parked in front of the house.
Her transit was standing in the center of the cul-de-sac.
She was confirming the corners of our property. We thought the landscapers had not covered the whole lot with sod. When we marked the corner of the lot, however, it was right at the edge of the sod. When we got back home, we studied our plat some more and realized that the number of feet we had been using is probably wrong on the plat. They had moved the house over about six feet but did not change that measurement on the new plat they sent us.
There was some erosion under the sidewalk, due to the heavy rains from tropical storm Irma. The landscapers had noticed it and someone had moved the mulch aside. A few minutes after we arrived, one of the Earthscape guys came back to finish the job. He shoveled buckets of dirt from the adjoining log and filled the space under the walk. He also filled the little trench he had dug and then put the mulch back in place.
We discussed the six shrubs he had replaced last week. They were wilted the next morning. He told us they (like us) thought those plants were not getting water. They checked the irrigation system and decided it was working properly. He said they were going to replace them with some other kind of plant if they did not perk up by Thursday. He also noted that we are missing five plumbago plants that were planted along the sidewalk. You can see there is only one in the picture above. I don’t know where the other five went. I was wondering why they had left a big shrubless gap in the mulch along the sidewalk. They are also going to replace two trees. Two others look sickly. We are going to watch them for a bit to see if they recover.
It is now one week to closing.